In this album we went on location to Saint Augustine, Florida to film the historic city from the ground and from the air.
St. Augustine (Spanish: San AgustĂn) is a city in northeast Florida and the oldest continuously occupied European-established settlement in the continental United States. The county seat of St. Johns County, it is part of Floridaâ€™s First Coast region and the Jacksonville metropolitan area. According to the 2010 census, the city population was 12,975. The United States Census Bureauâ€™s 2013 estimate of the cityâ€™s population was 13,679, while the urban area had a population of 69,173 in 2012.
Saint Augustine was founded on September 8, 1565, by Spanish admiral and Floridaâ€™s first governor, Pedro MenĂ©ndez de AvilĂ©s. He named the settlement â€śSan AgustĂnâ€ť, as his ships bearing settlers, troops, and supplies from Spain had first sighted land in Florida on August 28, 1565, the feast day of St. Augustine. The city served as the capital of Spanish Florida for over 200 years, and remained the capital of East Florida when the territory briefly changed hands between Spain and Britain. It was designated the capital of the Florida Territory until Tallahassee was made the capital in 1824. Since the late 19th century, St. Augustineâ€™s distinct historical character has made the city a major tourist attraction. It is also the headquarters for the Florida National Guard.
The city is a popular travel destination for its Spanish colonial-era buildings as well as elite 19th-century architecture. The cityâ€™s historic center is anchored by St. George Street, which is lined with historic houses from various periods. Most of these houses are reconstructions of buildings that had been burned or demolished over the years, though a few of them are original.
At DroneVU Studios we specialize in aerial real estate videos, traditional real estate photography, and aerial real estate photography.
Click the link below or the picture above to view the full album:
And in case you missed it, check out the aerial video of Saint Augustine, FL.